1. I remember when Bush junior came out with the “Mission Accomplished” sign half a decade back, we observed ridicule all across the planet, with media craving for his blood. Iraq is going to be another Vietnam, it will give rise to countless Taliban type fanatics…yada yada yada. Neither happened however. Funny enough, Obama Continue reading
1. Six months into Arab spring, a lookback at the main three.
2. Hillary Clinton somehow thinks Iraq and Afghanistan is NOT in Asia. Implements a plan for US future, where she equates Indonesia with China and India, which is as ludicrous as her pantsuit. She talks about “freedom of navigation in South China sea”, “countering proliferation efforts of North Korea” without any plan whatsoever. It is doubtful she will be there to implement her plans, as Obama will be voted out next time.
UPDATE : A few articles that you should read, after this piece came out.
1. Greatbong analysing Anna.
2. Amit Varma is cynical too.
3. Antilocalteaparty discusses.
4. Genocide Suzie Roy takes this opportunity to rant about her own gin-soaked idea about plebiscitary democracy.
5. And finally, PoG cuts through.
Meanwhile, Ramlila Ground is the new Tahrir Square.
Now, onto the main piece.
This piece, is for people, who are serious in debates, respectful, and logical…and not for trolls, leftists, anarchists, people with sheep mindset, people with a God complex, and people who are in other words, plain obnoxious. Continue reading
Here’s a Guest Post again, after a long time! This time, Mona Kareem is kind enough to write for DWW, wherein she provides a first hand analysis with an interesting viewpoint on the Arab Spring, and the cultural new wave of social activism it brings. Mona is a renowned Poet, Journalist, and blogger from Kuwait. She is a Contributor for Globalvoicesonline.com, Jadaliyya.com & Migrant-rights.com. You can follow her on Twitter, here!
Arab Spring: It is not Social Media; it is Cyber Activism Continue reading
Arab Spring. Words that was probably used the most in the last three months. The “Democratic” aspiration of the middle eastern people, which is the cause of the sweeping, age defining movements in the Arab World. Wait a second, “Democratic” eh?
Here’s a fact check. Continue reading
Before starting, I would like to say that much of being a journalist or anyone with an interest in Foreign Affairs, is to follow world news and analysis stories. Now while doing that, the easiest option of getting a round up is searching Google news World…or following Praveen Swami’s Twitter. For those who know, well…much of the news you read here, you must have already come across. (Though you will miss my rapier wit and opinions.) For those who don’t, he is the Diplomatic Editor of the Daily Telegraph, London. If you are a student of the World politics, and you still don’t follow him, go drown…
Here is the latest World Watch. Basically everything latest, that you ought to read. Or in other words, another OBL hangover. Because, what else can dominate newsrooms anyways?
1. First comes Obama. Anything good he does, is automatically drawn in with a sneer of his previous peacenik image, his irrational foreign policy before when he was elected, and his change, because of the practical humbling lessons of general real-politik and world affairs. The bloke got his eye opened from the dreamy self he had before, due to the running of the cold, cynical World, which is good…
Here, the “Good Talibans” (which is an oxymoron) he once supported, says that they firmly are part of Al Qaeda. Which brings us to this tribute of George W Bush. About time, the man gets some respect and recognition he deserves.
2. Apparently, the “Democratic Egypt” with the winds of change, is not quite the place which the World imagined it would be…its rapidly going down to the Pakistan of Middle East, with military rule, and massive persecution of minorities…
3. The reactions in the Arab World, regarding OBL having a “fishy” demise at the bottom of the sea…
4. Which brings us to this excellent gem of a piece, which basically proves, USA supported every country from Mediterranean sea, to the Bay of Bengal, which it should not have supported. The only country it didn’t support till Bush reversed decades old US foreign policy, was India. Thankfully now, things are different…
5. Finally, the only pretty face of the lass peeping through a group of macho men, in the now-iconic Situation room photo, was Audrey Tomason. Yes, the only lass, as I consider Hillary to be pretty manly.